Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying UAV at RoboBoat 2019?

Hello RoboBoaters,

We hope the below content provides better clarity on flying UAVs at the 2019 RoboBoat Competition. Eligibility to fly is contingent upon successful completion of the below items. During check-in, each team will sign a document, acknowledging completion of the below requirements.

1. Each team must register their UAV with the FAA at this website. Flying at RoboBoat 2019 can be categorized under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Public Law 112-95 Section 336).
    If you are an international team, please do not be alarmed. Certificate received from this registration will serve as your recognition of ownership (rather than U.S. aircraft registration) and will permit you to fly at the 2019 RoboBoat Competition.

2. Teams attending the competition (regardless of your intent to fly a UAV), shall read and fully comprehend the following documents.
    14 CFR 107 - Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems
    AMA Safety Handbook
    Document #560 of the AMA
    Know Before you Fly (yes, all sections)

3. Location for 2019 RoboBoat Competition (Reed Canal Park pond) is within a 5 mile radius of the Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB). As such, all teams shall have the ability to hard code a Geofence and max ceiling into their vehicle.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Thank you and see you all soon.

Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for putting this together.
    Is this forum post in place of the "separate document on RoboBoat Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) guidelines will be published along with these rules" on page 15 of the 2019 rules?
    Or can we expect that document to be published as well?

Comment

Vinny This information is separate to what I am working on posting (soon). What I shall be posting are safety requirements and the safety flight checklist, which are intended to help you setup your system properly (geofence, home and other such functions).

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have more questions.

Comment

Working...
      X