Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Welcome to the 2019 Season!

Keep up with all the releases on www.seaperch.org!
2 of 3 < >

Welcome to the SeaPerch Forum!

Home for all questions, comments and concerns for all you SeaPerchers!
3 of 3 < >

Welcome to the RoboNation Forum!

Welcome to the home for the RoboNation Community! This is where you'll see exciting announcements and features all for the community. Join the conversations below!
See more
See less

The Obstacle Course part of the R&R challenge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Obstacle Course part of the R&R challenge?

Is navigating the obstacle course a part of the R&R challenge? (for example, do we have to carry the canisters or the ROV parts through the obstacles?)

Or is the obstacle course part of the build only for the obstacle course challenge? (not sure sure I'm asking this correctly...)

The obstacle course will be run as in the past.
    For the Mission Challenge (R&R) the ROV only has to go through the first hoop.

Comment

When you say the ROV must go through the first hoop, does this mean it has to stay through it? In other words, does the cable have to stay through the hoop while completing the entire challenge?

Comment

Yes. The ROV must pass through the first hoop before proceeding to any of the remaining tasks. The ROV tether must remain in the first hoop at all times while the ROV is competing. No points will be awarded if the ROV exits the mission field and reenters without passing through the hoop.

Comment

When will the rules for the course be released? The rubric, text description of the course and your comments do not provide enough detail information for me to instruct our teams on how to complete the course. In some places they conflict. We have our qualifier in two weeks and it is getting late in our build to adapt to any new surprises. Will we need a specific magnet? My teams are getting frustrated, as am I.

Comment

Working...
          X