• Show
Clear All

• SeaPerch-Trainer
    replied
    Shanklincj Yes in Open Class

Leave a comment:

• Shanklincj
    replied
    Can they use the attached battery/power supply. Plan is to put in a water proof enclosure with waterproof connectors to the pool deck controller. Sorry to nuke it out but want to make sure before the kids dive in the deep end.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SeaPerch-Trainer
    replied
    Shanklincj Yes, as long as it meets all safety criteria.

Leave a comment:

• Shanklincj
    replied
    Another battery question, the team is looking into putting a battery inside the ROV and just doing serial controls from the poolside. I know the ROV unit with battery must be waterproofed etc but is that allowed?

Leave a comment:

• SeaPerch-Trainer
    replied
    CJay From the rules; "Team supplied batteries must not be larger than 6.5” long x 3” wide x 4” high and must be 12 VDC with a maximum of 9 amp hour rating." Lower voltage is acceptable, 9 amp hour rating is maximum. Yes, the charge voltage is higher on all batteries, and that is not a problem. We did not state that there is a restriction on the type of battery, but please make sure the students know how to safely handle lithium batteries.

Leave a comment:

• CJay
    replied
    Here's the correct link: https://rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide

Leave a comment:

• CJay
    started a topic ROV Battery Options

ROV Battery Options

SeaPerch-Trainer Is it acceptable to use a battery with less than 12vdc? Say a 2s lipo which charges to 8.4vdc but has a nominal voltage of 7.4vdc. or would a 3s lipo be acceptable as it's nominal voltage is 11.1vdc, although it's max charge is 12.6vdc? I've attached a link about lipo batteries that does explain nominal voltage. I've also looked and the stock 12v batteries are 12vdc nominal and ~14.1v max. Thanks!
Working...
X