Figuring cost for repurposed materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figuring cost for repurposed materials

Some of the team have designed pieces for their ROV using repurposed materials. I am not sure how to account for the expenses for these items. The team was trying to brainstorm solutions to issues with their ROV design and seen the spray paint cans that were used to build course materials. They decided to make use of the paint can lids and modify them for their problem solution. I thought it was a really creative approach, but I’m not sure how to account for them in their expenses. It’s more of a discard piece from a purchased item. It’s not 3D printed. Any idea on how the spray can lids should be accounted for cost wise?

Cbeier138 First, I can't wait to see their solution; I've always hated throwing spray can lids away because they look so useful. This type of recycle/reuse material does not need to be accounted for in the budget.

Comment

Great. Thank you so much for your help! I wasn’t sure what to do and I didn’t want them to get disqualified or anything over something like that. It was really neat to see the gears turning in their heads when they came up with this solution. I hope it works out the way they want. I’ll post pictures later if I can.

Comment

Working...
      X