Robosub AUV Simulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robosub AUV Simulator

Hello teams, I am helping to find my lead programmer Diana Lee some simulators that teams made so she can make her own. Please contact me if you can help or point the way. I will connect you two. Thanks! Desert WAVE, Women in Autonomous Vehicle Engineering, ASU Polytechnic

Hi Ledge,

A very common underwater simulator that I have seen being used is the UWSim : http://www.irs.uji.es/uwsim/ This simulator integrates with ROS which makes it very useful! If I am not mistaken the Autonomous Robotic Vehicle Project at University of Alberta uses this Simulator with some modifications to develop their LQR controller.

Here is a video they did with me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py4ZFnMfu5E

Connell

Comment

Thank you Connell, I have passed this on to Diana Lee and I pointed her to this post and asking her to become a member...Do you know any teams that have made models of the Transdec facility that she can use?

Comment

I have seen a few teams, during their design presentations over the last couple of years, show off TRANSDEC models. I am sure some of the teams will be able to help you with that.

That being said, I do not think an accurate representation of the TRANSDEC facility is as important as having a good quality, parameterized model of your sub especially for a first time team. I see a lot of teams sometimes getting lost with bells and whistles which often leads to incomplete or undocumented designs.

Comment

Thanks again Connell. I convinced my programmer to register with this forum.

Comment

Our team is also considering to use UW Sim and is also looking for a basic TRANSDEC model to test underwater navigation and object identification.

Are there any teams willing to share their model? dianaleeg and Ledge did you ever find a workable model?

Thanks!

Comment

We have not found a workable model yet...

Comment

Working...
              X