Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample Hydrophone Data

Hey Guys,

Would any of the teams be so kind to share their hydrophone recording from an actual pinger (in pool/water). My team is especially looking for multi-channel hydrophone data, ie. recorded using an array of hydrophones (configurations of these hydrophones is known, eg: placed on the corners of a square of 1.85cm etc). I am trying to get a time difference of arrival based algorithm to work.

I'd would appreciate if one of the participating team or the people hosting this challenge can share such multi-hydrophone data.

I know we recorded pingers at TRANSDEC for the Virtual RobotX challenge. However, I wasn't able to find them with a quick look.

Comment

Daveman the recording were for a different project, which never came to fruition.

Previously, Stephen Cronin had made some sample data available on a google drive, but that is no longer available.

For teams that have such sample data available, I would encourage you to share it with the rest of the community. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Kandoi,

Hope that you might find this useful. Here are 4 data sets that we collected at TRANSDEC in RoboSub 19.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y9...0vyP1s4sflSw-R

Our hydrophones are placed on the corners of a 15mm square. The centre of the square is our origin (pt of reference). Our sampling rate is 250,000 samples per sec. The rows of the CSV files represent the voltages (-12v to +12v) of hydrophones 1 to 4, followed by the sample index.
        Hydrophone Id X (mm) from origin Y (mm) from origin
        1 7.5 7.5
        2 -7.5 7.5
        3 -7.5 -7.5
        4 7.5 -7.5

Based on our calculations, we obtained the following results.
        frequency Azimuth (degs)
        [Clockwise, 0 degs is forward]
        Elevation (degs from horizon)
        [0 degs may imply that the pinger is too far away]
        Data set
        25k 338 0 #1
        30k 155 36
        35k 15 38
        40k 144 0
        25k 325 0 #2
        30k 152 35
        35k 15 37
        40k 143 0
        35k 254 0 #3
        25k 310 50 #4
        30k 144 8
        35k 338 5

Please do share with us if you find any discrepancies in our calculations.

Comment

Thanks bumblebee for the data. I'll let you know my results in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebee View Post
            Hi Kandoi,

Hope that you might find this useful. Here are 4 data sets that we collected at TRANSDEC in RoboSub 19.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y9...0vyP1s4sflSw-R

Our hydrophones are placed on the corners of a 15mm square. The centre of the square is our origin (pt of reference). Our sampling rate is 250,000 samples per sec. The rows of the CSV files represent the voltages (-12v to +12v) of hydrophones 1 to 4, followed by the sample index.
            Hydrophone Id X (mm) from origin Y (mm) from origin
            1 7.5 7.5
            2 -7.5 7.5
            3 -7.5 -7.5
            4 7.5 -7.5

Based on our calculations, we obtained the following results.
            frequency Azimuth (degs)
            [Clockwise, 0 degs is forward]
            Elevation (degs from horizon)
            [0 degs may imply that the pinger is too far away]
            Data set
            25k 338 0 #1
            30k 155 36
            35k 15 38
            40k 144 0
            25k 325 0 #2
            30k 152 35
            35k 15 37
            40k 143 0
            35k 254 0 #3
            25k 310 50 #4
            30k 144 8
            35k 338 5

Please do share with us if you find any discrepancies in our calculations.
            Hello bumblebee,

Thank you for contributing your data. I was wondering if you guys did any analog front-end signal conditioning on this data (e.g. a bandpass filter, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by nathan.renegar View Post

Hello bumblebee,

Thank you for contributing your data. I was wondering if you guys did any analog front-end signal conditioning on this data (e.g. a bandpass filter, etc).
              Hi Nathan,

Yes, the signal was obtained after passing it through a first order highpass filter with a corner freq of 50Hz, followed by an 8th order low pass filter with corner freq of 50KHz.

Hope this was helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X