This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Images

Here are all the images which will be used for the 2020 RoboSub competition.

I need to:
    • Convert to a vector
    • Clean up
    • Scale up to proper size

after which I will post the final images here.

I use bannersonthecheap to print all of them to vinyl. If you sign up for an account, they will send you emails about sales they have (and they have a lot of 20-30% off sales)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Images.png
Views:	853
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	3128

Hey Dave, any idea when the final images should be finished? Our spring break is coming up and we'd like to have the banners by then so we can begin getting vision data. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Dave, could we also get the prop dimensions, so we can start preparing the frames for them?

Thanks!

Comment

I'll post the dimensions this weekend (3/7/2020) as well as start to work on the images.

Comment

Sizes:

Chose your Side (Gate)
          • 6" x 12" ( 15cm x 30cm)

Make the Grade (Buoys)
          • 2ft x 4ft ( 0.61m x 1.22m)

Collecting (Bin)
          • Inside dimensions: 1ft x 2ft (0.3m x 0.6m)
            • Each image will fit within 1/2 of that
              • 1ft x 1ft (0.3m x 0.3m)

Survive the Shootout
          • 2ft x 4ft (061.m x 1.22m)

Cash or Smash
          • Table: Thoughts?
            • 2ft x 2ft (0.61m x 0.61m)?
          Last edited by Daveman; 03-11-2020, 07:41 AM. Reason: Corrected the dimensions for the tasks.

Comment

Hi Dave,

The buoy and torpedo board size is a lot smaller than last year, is this intentional? I believe usually they have been 2ft x 4ft, so this is a quarter of the area.

Also, for the table siz'e, 1ft x 1 ft is rather small for attempting to place multiple bottles on, Its smaller than the bin dimensions, into which we are just dropping bottles/ small markers, not attempting to carefully place things. I would suggest something like 2 ft x 2 ft maybe? Obviously it will depend a little bit on the bottle size. But 1 x 1 seems difficult unless the bottles are very very small.

Comment

Hello Dave,

Will you be printing the images on the default vinyl banner material? I am referring to the list of additional material options available when going for the checkout process for vinyl banners.

Thanks,
              Robert

Comment

Caltech Robotics Team
                oops, your correct, those are much smaller than last year.
                I'll edit my post

Tables: That's why I ask for your thoughts.

RobertK
                Yes, I'll be printing these on vinyl banners.

Thoughts on the size of images for the gate?
                Last edited by Daveman; 03-11-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Current images for the tasks (2020-03-12)

Thoughts / Questions
                  • Current color for the border around the cutouts for "Survive The Shootout" (Torpedo) is GREEN
                    • I'm open to other color choices
                  • I usually make the background for "Collecting" (Bins) black (so that it blends in with the rest of the bin), but it is currently white
                    • Thoughts?
                    • I can post both background colors with a poll
                  • Need to finalize on the size and shape of the table for "Cash or Smash" (Octagon)
                    • 2 ft x 2 ft (0.6 m x 0.6 m) seems reasonable
                    • Shape? Square, Circle, Hexagon, Octagon, other?

Comment

Hello Dave,
                    We were wondering how the images of the bootlegger and g-man will be positioned on the gate. Will they be on the inside of the gate (as shown in image 1), on top (image 2) or elsewhere? And if they are on the inside, will we then have to push throught the image to travese the gate?

Name:	gateq.png
Views:	679
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	3170

Image 1

Name:	gateq2.png
Views:	668
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	3171

Image 2

Comment

pencc
                      They will be hanging below the gate in the middle of their section (Image 1, not to scale). Each image will be secured to a PVC frame, and the frame will be secured to the Gate with Zip ties. This will allow the images to swing back and forth, so that your vehicle will be able to push them.

Comment

Dave, will you be posting the final scale able images soon? We are going through some real social isolation and need stuff to do. Hard working as a team by ourselves, but we are creeping along slowly. Thanks Dave.

Comment

Ledge

See the "images" link in my 3/12/2020 post

Comment

Hi Daveman , I think Ledge is asking because the axe and the dollar sign are missing in your 3/12/2020 post. This got me confused too if the images in this file were the finals versions or not.

And regarding your new topic on the choice of the background of the bins, am I right to think we should wait before having the images in the zip file printed ?
                            Last edited by Club Etudiant SONIA; 03-30-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Club Etudiant SONIA
                              Actually, Ledge missed the link in the "images" word...

My post just says "current" images...
                              The $ and Axe are missing, because "we" haven't finalized on the size and shape for the table.
                              I was going to make another post to try to get everyone to help me finish that one.

So yes, I would wait to print the images just a little longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X