Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboSub as a Course

Hi all,

Which universities have robosub as a course or receive some degree credit for participation? We are trying to do the same here in Boulder.

Thanks,
    Luke
    Last edited by Boulder RoboSub; 06-18-2020, 08:42 AM.

Hi,
    At Georgia Tech the RoboSub team used to be a Vertically Integrated Project (VIP: https://www.vip.gatech.edu/). Undergrads could register for several semesters and receive electives credits. There were various restrictions depending on the student's major and it was not working so well for us, so we no longer do that. However it is still possible for students to register for undergrad research with our faculty advisor and get research credit to work on RoboSub or RoboBoat.
    There have also been a few times when some students were able to propose a competition related subsystem as the final project for one of their class.
    Cheers,
    Coline

Comment

I am not sure anyone has a RoboSub specific course. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

Teams may receive project based credit (full or partial) for working on RoboSub but each university may have a different approach to this.

A good place to start would be to ask your faculty advisor what the possibilities are (from a curriculum standpoint). Some teams work on RoboSub as their undergraduate senior project while others may team up with a research faculty and receive credit as an independent study course; design and develop a sub-system that aligns with their degree (electrical - electrical system; mechanical - mechanical system; and so on).

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have more questions. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X