Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboSub Extreme

Our RoboSub team had a couple questions regarding the new competiton:

Q1: The stated objective is to traverse the most number of laps around the channel but under what constraint? Is it based on how many laps for a single charge or is it timed?
    Q2: Is the channel constrained? Ie. Are there walls on 3 sides of the channel to keep the sub within the course. If so will there be penalties for touching the walls?
    Q3: Do we know the diameter of the circular channel?

Thanks in advance!

A1: The intent is the most number of laps with a single charge.

A2: Good question. I'll ask the person who is proposing the challenge

A3: The intent is to use the dolphin pool that we place around the TRANSDEC venue for this competition. I can find out the diameter.

Comment

"The stated objective is to traverse the most number of laps around the channel" rburrow. Where did u see that? Sorry if that's a stupid question (), but I don't see it anywhere.

Comment

Do you have the Suggested Underwater Build Tasks (SUB Tasks) pdf? If so, it's page 12.

It's not anywhere in the RoboSub 2018 Mission Final (v1).

Comment

Originally posted by Daveman View Post
          Do you have the Suggested Underwater Build Tasks (SUB Tasks) pdf? If so, it's page 12.

It's not anywhere in the RoboSub 2018 Mission Final (v1).
          Nope. Where do you get it? On the RoboSub website, it only has the rules and scoring document.

Comment

Ah, they removed it when they posted the "final" rules. See attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X