Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the RoboNation Forum!

Welcome to the home for the RoboNation Community! This is where you'll see exciting announcements and features all for the community. Join the conversations below!
See more
See less

RoboSub 2018 Task dimensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy Chips:
    I'm currently thinking of using a red tray, the same color as the red funnels. The push plate will be yellow with a black "$". The "$" font is Cooper black and is ~4" (102mm) in height (see attached).

Play Slots:
    See attached for the fruit that will be on the sliding cover which covers the two top openings.

Orange path and orange gate:
    I'm trying something new this year. I printed out the orange for the path and gate, to hopefully provide a more uniform coverage of both, and to make it easier to refresh after the chlorine has bleached the color out. See attached for the color (RGB: 255, 95, 90)

Question:
    For any of the trays that will be holding golf balls (Buy Chips, Cash In), would you like holes cut into the trays to keep the balls from rolling around, or would you like them to be free to roll? Something like a 0.5" (13mm) diameter hole (could be bigger or smaller) to (mostly) hold the golf ball in place).

FIY, a golf ball has a diameter of 1.62" (41mm)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Daveman; 06-03-2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Hi Daveman we noticed the torpedo design in this thread has a version 2 that is different from that in the latest mission and scoring document. Which design should we be using actually?

Also the background of the torpedo board would be grey?

Comment

bumblebee
        The forum is the place to look for the latest additions/corrections/etc. to the tasks. What you see here is what you'll see at the competition. The rules are currently lagging a bit behind (on my list of this I need to do).

The Play Slots (torpedo) board is white, specifically 24" x 24" White. Solidworks, for some reason, is rendering it as a gray.

Buy Chips:
        Forgot to mention, I'm also going to have the tray below the push plate (unless you _really_ object). Keep an lookout for updated drawings soon.

Comment

Can we get more detailed drawings (or CADs) of the torpedo board (particularly the lever mechanism) and the buy gold chip mechanism? Thanks!

Comment

cuauv
            ...yeeees...

I'm trying to finalize the Play Slots (torpedo) this week/weekend (6/24). After that, I can post drawings (or the Solidworks files, if you so desire).

I'm _suppose_ to get pictures and dimensions of the Buy a Gold Chip this week. When I do, you'll be the second to know. If I don't, I will continue to pester him until I do.

Comment

Also, how will you be making the Roulette table rotate?

Comment

cuauv
                I will use magic to rotate the Roulette table. The magic will take the form of a underwater motor with power and speed control running back to the bridge.

Comment

Play Slots

Attached are the vinyl banner's that I will use for the elements on the corrugated plastic (the fruit is a duplicate of above, but put here for completeness).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Daveman View Post
                    Play Slots

Attached are the vinyl banner's that I will use for the elements on the corrugated plastic (the fruit is a duplicate of above, but put here for completeness).
                    Hi Dave,

Regarding the Play Slots, in your previous design, there was only one hole open at all times. With the modifications made, are you suggesting that there will be 4 slots open at all times?

Comment

Club Etudiant SONIA
                      Sorry for any confusion. The layout for Play Slots has not changed. I try to minimize the number of banners I need to print out, so I stuff everything I can on to a banner, and then I cut out the images and tape them on to the plastic sheets.

Comment

Working...
                      X