Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RobotX Video Call #3 (Shipping Guidelines)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kurt@wam-v
    replied
    A note to the teams from Australia-

I am not a shipping expert and will not be able to answer questions on this subject. However, I wanted to give you a heads up.

Australia has re-instituted its seasonal regulations requiring the treatment of shipments to prevent the infestation of Brown Marmorated Stink Bugs into their country. My understanding is that the wooden crates will have to be treated by an approved treatment provider within 120 hours of shipment from USA to Australia.

More details can be found here: http://www.agriculture.gov.au/import...ted-stink-bugs

Leave a comment:

• Hitesh Patel
    replied
    [email protected] Thank you for taking the time to post this information. I am sure this will definitely benefit all the teams (some now and some in the future).

Leave a comment:

• kurt@wam-v
    replied
    Originally posted by Dunbabin View Post
    Hi Hitesh, Cheri, I am looking at the Plant and Plant Product Declaration Form we are required to fill in. We have to specify the mass of wood and where it was sourced (not the country of manufacture) and species name. For the box supplied by Marine Advanced Research (big blue box) which all teams would have, would it be possible for Robonation to reach out to them to obtain this information or should we all email them individually.
    Hello, my name is Kurt and I work at Marine Advanced Research, the company that designed the 16' WAM-V used for RobotX. In fact, there is a chance I assembled your vessel myself!

I have confirmed with our supplier that all plywood and lumber used in the shipping crate is sourced from the USA. The crates are usually made from fir, however some might be pine as well. If your team has a blue crate, it weights approximately 600 lbs. If your team has a black crate, it weighs approximately 900 lbs.

Please let me know if there are other questions I can answer.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 10-22-2018, 06:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hitesh Patel
    replied
    Summary for RobotX Video Call #3 attached.

Kindly let me know if you have any questions. Thank you
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dunbabin
    replied
    Hi Hitesh, Cheri, I am looking at the Plant and Plant Product Declaration Form we are required to fill in. We have to specify the mass of wood and where it was sourced (not the country of manufacture) and species name. For the box supplied by Marine Advanced Research (big blue box) which all teams would have, would it be possible for Robonation to reach out to them to obtain this information or should we all email them individually.

Leave a comment:

• Hitesh Patel
    replied
    Document has been updated to reflect the correct email address, which is indeed the one you mentioned.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Dunbabin
    replied
    Hi Hitesh, we tried the usimports email address and got a bounce back as unrecognized email. Is it meant to be [email protected]?

Leave a comment:

• Hitesh Patel
    started a topic RobotX Video Call #3 (Shipping Guidelines)

RobotX Video Call #3 (Shipping Guidelines)

Hello RobotX teams,

RoboNation will be hosting the 3rd RobotX video call on September 28, 2018 @ 08:00 pm (GM -4:00). This is the same exact time as the previous calls.

For teams requiring time conversion, below website might be helpful.
    https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This call will focus on the shipping guideline document (https://robonationforum.vbulletin.ne...ing-guidelines)

Kindly join using the link below. If you require an invite, please let me know and I can provide one to you.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/575363322

Looking forward to this call. Thank you
    Last edited by Hitesh Patel; 09-28-2018, 12:41 AM.
Working...
X