Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisbetters
    replied
    Also, you can also try adjusting the "Gai"n for lab testing. You will not get accurate radiance if gain is changed, but it may be easier to get a signal in the lab.

Cheers
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• chrisbetters
    replied
    Hi victor.sevillanom,

It looks like camera is connecting ok then, that's good. Have tried using the OpenHSI package and adjusting exposure time etc?

If you are connecting, then the second is what kind of light condition are you observing in and what are you pointed at. The OpenHSI is linescan camera, so you generally won't see human comprehensible image with a single frame (http://openhsi.sydneyphotonics.com see section 4). Try increasing the exposure time (especially in an indoor lab seeing, and pointing at something with regular contrast changes, a brick wall can be good).​
    Cheers,
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• victor.sevillanom
    replied
    Yes, it's showing in the list of ArenaView but it doesn't show any image or video, as you can see in the screenshot, it just shows a black image.
    I tried pointing the HSI Camera at different things and places, but it keeps showing black in the video.

The PoE injector that we are using is the APOE03G and it complies with the IEE802.3af.
    The camera is connected to the data+power port and also we tried testing another ethernet cable.
    We already saw that we connected it, it starts with a red blinking light and then turns green.

Our problem is that it doesn't show any image or video.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	49
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	4384

Leave a comment:

• chrisbetters
    replied
    Hi victor.sevillanom,

First off is the camera showing up in ArenaView? i.e. you are connecting to it fine?

If you are connecting, then the second is what kind of light condition are you observing in and what are you pointed at. The OpenHSI is linescan camera, so you generally won't see human comprehensible image with a single frame (http://openhsi.sydneyphotonics.com see section 4). Try increasing the exposure time (especially in an indoor lab seeing, and pointing at something with regular contrast changes, a brick wall can be good).

If you are not connecting then I've got a couple questions to try and figure out what is going on.
    • Can you confirm the POE injector is complies with the IEEE 802.3af standard? I did my testing with a TP-Link TL-POE150S injector.
    • Can you also double check you're got the camera connected to the data+power port on your injector (I've mixed it up a couple times myself, leading to much confusion)!
    • The next step will be to remove the back cover of the BlueRobotics WTE, and test a different ethernet cable, you should have gotten another one in the case behind the top foam.
      • Note, take care with the internal ethernet connection, as the length of cable inside is fairly short. A guide and video can be found http://openhsi.sydneyphotonics.com at the end of this document.
    FYI Once connected and powered on the camera should startup with an orange blinking light (On the back of the sensor, in the WTE Tube) and then turn green after a short time.

Cheers,
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• Eway
    replied
    Tagging chrisbetters

Leave a comment:

• victor.sevillanom
    started a topic Using Hyperspectral Camera

Using Hyperspectral Camera

Hello everyone,

I am having problems using the hyperspectral camera, I have connected it to 48V and to my PC via ethernet with our PoE, but it doesn't show any image in the ArenaView or my python program. It just shows black image no matter what cable ethernet I use.

Also I have tried to use the HSI Camera with 12V-24V but it doesn't turn on. Did anyone have the same problem? And please how you solved it?
Working...
X