Some troubles with testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some troubles with testing

I've managed to validate our submission and am trying to do a trial run. When I get to the `./run_trial ...` part I get some errors. I can see some possible problems in our image, but I am also getting

Unable to find image 'vrx-server-noetic:latest' locally
    docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied.....
    See 'docker run --help'
    Starting competitor container
    -------------------------------------

Should I expect this at the end of starting the scoring server? I've done a docker login to make sure it is not that and it happily pulls my image without needing credentials.

I've been digging. I see that image should be available locally after the ./vrx_server/build_image.bash step. I ran that step and it seemed to work, but lets try it again and I'll report back

Comment

Can report that the `build_image.bash` step was hanging while trying to clone the vrx repository. I cloned locally and adjusted the Dockerfile to copy that in and that got things moving.

Comment

But I didn't make it that much further I am afraid.

https://pastebin.com/uxNLfqXY

Scanning dependencies of target dock_base_erb_generation

[ 43%] Generating /home/vrx/vrx_ws/src/vrx_gazebo/models/dock_2016_base/model.sdf

/bin/sh: 1: cannot create /home/vrx/vrx_ws/src/vrx_gazebo/models/dock_2016_base/model.sdf: Permission denied

make[2]: *** [vrx_gazebo/CMakeFiles/dock_base_erb_generation.dir/build.make:67: /home/vrx/vrx_ws/src/vrx_gazebo/models/dock_2016_base/model.sdf] Error 2

Comment

Sorry for the spam. I've managed to get the image built and run. Took a few reboots and to find the light of the new moon or some such thing

Last error was due to using COPY instead of RUN git clone - once I got the clone to go, everything else happened

Comment

Hi alt.mattr, the VRX technical team is monitoring any issues like yours in github. Please create a new issue so that the VRX technical team can look into it: https://github.com/osrf/vrx/issues. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X