Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the RoboNation Forum!

Welcome to the home for the RoboNation Community! This is where you'll see exciting announcements and features all for the community. Join the conversations below!
See more
See less

RobotX General

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobotX General

Everything but technical! If you have questions on how to register, deliverable submissions, shipping plans or just on life, ask them here!

We have signed up, but we did not receive the confirmation mail.My team's name is HEU Heading

Comment

• RoboNation
      RoboNation commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi HEU Heading! Glad to have you join the 2018 RobotX Challenge! Your registration did successfully go through, where you should have received a confirmation email. We will be sending out more instructions on your deliverable submissions and important dates, soon! All information will be sent to your Team Lead that you registered, Guangsheng Su.

OP......on life huh?

Why did the WAM-V cross the ocean?

Comment

To get to the other side?

Comment

Hello,

I'm trying to register for my team (Kanaloa) for the competition through the RobotX official website, but I'm receiving this error. Please advise.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi alliwong1318, sorry about the troubles registering! I see that your team has now registered for the 2018 Challenge, glad you have you guys back this year! Can you provide me with the link that was leading you to this error page? I want to make sure it is fixed for future teams who are trying to register!

Thanks!

Comment

Thankyou for the updated rules and requirements! There are some things that we would like to clarify, most urgently from the Kill Switch Document. First of all, we are a little confused about the separate power source. Our safety system runs directly off the main battery, meaning as long as anything on the boat has power, our safety system does as well. Since there is no need for a safety system if the rest of the whole boat has no power, is this sufficient?

Second, We are unsure about the wireless separation requirement. We have two separate datalinks on our boat. One runs the network and all the communications for autonomy and such. The second is a safety datalink which is nothing but the Estop signal and basic RC controls. This E-stop signal is split from the control signals before the control system and that one signal is connected in hardware (See IARC-suggested E-Stop circuit) to our E-stop system and directly controls the relay current, it does go over the same wireless link as our redundant safety controls, but not through any sort of micro-controller like the rest of the signal does. Is this considered separate?

Jefferson Romney
            Team Lead
            Team-Minion
            Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

Comment

We second embry riddle for the kill system design. We also decided to share a single power and evaluated the safety considerations with risk assessment for this as it is problematic to have to manage two different battery sources on board the system separately. In the event of a power failure event, the thrusters are killed. If power for some reason is cut off to the kill board, the default state of the contactors will deactivate the thrusters. If power or logic fails to the main system except the kill board, the kill board still has full isolated control over the dedicated wireless datalink(the radio is integrated as part of the kill board) to the wireless remote box. So we already have multiple levels of redundancy in place.

Comment

Hi,
                I'm Daniel, the leader of Team_NCTU.
                We're currently planning to ship our WAM-V from Taiwan to Hawaii and the way back. We would like to know the shipping company's information that shipped our WAM-V to Taiwan.
                Thanks.

Comment

Hi Daniel. Julianna Smith should be able to help you connect with our team in order to coordinate shipping your system to Hawaii and back.

Comment

Hi,
                    I'm Suisei, (Team Osaka in Japan).
                    Now, we are planning a system of remote kill switch.
                    Can we use 3G/LTE for remote kill switch?

For Japanese team, the power of RF is regulated so strictly because of some rule in Japan.
                    In the U.S., our devices are too weak to use, so we have to import stronger RF device from the other country.
                    However, they are inhibited to use in our country, so we cannot test it just before the competition.
                    So our members are discussing about using mobile phone's radio(3G/LTE).

Thanks

Comment

Hello Suisei Wada. I did some research and found information that might be of use to your specific situation. I will send you a private message and share this with you.

Thank you

Comment

Hi RoboNation team! ERAU had a couple of non-technical questions we wanted to throw your way.

Is there any form of an on-site schedule coming our way soon?
                        Additionally, any word on a hotel block?

Thanks in advance! I'll post anything else we come up with here.

Comment

GCDelp & ERAU team --

SCHEDULE: Coming soon!

HOTEL: The hotel link is up! You can find all the details here: https://robotx.org/index.php/about/2...botx-challenge

Comment

Hello

I'm Miyazawa, (Team Osaka in Japan).
                            We have made a shipping list, where should we submit it?
                            According to Shipping Guidelines, we should upload it to our team's Dropbox.
                            Where is it specifically?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                            X