Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

FINAL DOCUMENTS

FINAL Rules, Tasks and Scoring posted NOW!
2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the RoboNation Forum!

Welcome to the home for the RoboNation Community! This is where you'll see exciting announcements and features all for the community. Join the conversations below!
See more
See less

RobotX General

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miyazawa Hi there Miyazawa,

Your registered team lead should have received an invitation to your teams' Dropbox Folder. If you have had a change in your team lead personnel or need us to resend your Dropbox invitation, let me know!

Thanks!

Comment

Julianna Smith

I confirmed with the leader that Our team was already invited to the drop box.
      It is likely to submit a plan without problems.
      Thank you very much!

Comment

Miyazawa

Great! Let me know if you run into any issues.
        Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

If it rains during the race, will our USV be in the water, or is there a tent on the shore with the USV, so we need to take our own rain cloth?
          Last edited by HEU heading; 10-12-2018, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HEU heading View Post
            Hi,

If it rains during the race, will our USV be in the water, or is there a tent on the shore with the UAV, so we need to take our own rain cloth?
            Just to provide my experience from 2016, and what I anticipate will be the case for 2018 as well... (Although please correct me if I'm wrong Hitesh Patel Aamir Qaiyumi as I want to make sure I know the best info too!)

USV's will continue running in the rain. This only continues to the point that it becomes dangerous to operate the chase boats, as in cases of high wind or thunderstorm. If your boat is in the water, you will have the option of beaching it between runs, and in cases of storm. You also may not get a choice but to beach it, depending on how dangerous it would be to get it back to the boat ramp.

There will likely be a tent for each team to work inside of. Additionally, tents will be located along the shore at each of the three courses for the teams operating on the course.
            Last edited by Hitesh Patel; 10-12-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Hi,

If it rains during the race, will our USV be in the water, or is there a tent on the shore with the UAV, so we need to take our own rain cloth?
              As this is a surface vehicle competition (water), teams are expected to ensure their vehicle can withstand operation in rain. The competition will continue through rain, as it did in 2016. I highly encourage you to put together the necessary equipment, if you haven't already, to ensure your vehicle can operate in rainy conditions.

Tents will be provided for each of the teams, for each of the courses. The tents allow teams to layout their Operator Controls Station (OCS) and remotely monitor their vehicle. Tents are not meant to provide shelter for WAM-V's.

Hope this answers your question.

Comment

GCDelp Thank you for providing input from your 2016 experience.

Comment

Hi,
                  I would like to ask about the venue:
                  1、How far is the ramp from the tent that can cover USV?
                  2、During the competition, do we walk from the hotel to the venue every day or do we have a bus?
                  3、Are takeout for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the competition?
                  4、In Liability Waiver_RX18, If we are over eighteen, there is no need to fill in the following picture.

Thank you
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by HEU heading; 10-28-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                    I would like to ask about the venue:
                    1、How far is the ramp from the tent that can cover USV?
                    2、During the competition, do we walk from the hotel to the venue every day or do we have a bus?
                    3、Are takeout for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the competition?
                    4、In Liability Waiver_RX18, If we are over eighteen, there is no need to fill in the following picture.

Thank you
                    1. We will have two tents, located in the parking area of Sand Island. Depending on where you are placed in the tent, the ramp will be 10 - 50 meters away. We will provide a trailer for your boat, and a trailer dolly to maneuver your trailer.
                    2. A shuttle bus will be provided for transportation (to and from the hotel).
                    3. Food truck will be on-site during competition. Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase. You are also welcome to purchase your own food and bring it with you (before traveling on the shuttle bus).
                    4. Yes, you are correct. If you are over the age of 18, you do not need to fill that section.

Kindly let me know if you have additional questions. Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
                      Please look at the photo below.In the Liability Waiver, the signature has already been signed. Do we still need to provide the signed Photographic Release? Chinese?
                      Attached Files

Comment

HEU heading

The Liability Waiver and the Photographic Release are combined in the same document. With signing the Liability Waiver, you are also signing the Photographic Release.

It looks like your team has submitted all your signed waivers to your Dropbox, so you are good! No other signatures needed from your team.

Thank you for clarifying!

Comment

Hi,
                          1、At the competition, do we wear T-shirt ourselves or the T-shirt provided by the organizers? Can we wear T-shirt with school LOGO?
                          2、Will WiFi be provided at the competition?
                          Thank you

Comment

Hi,
                            1、At the competition, do we wear T-shirt ourselves or the T-shirt provided by the organizers? Can we wear T-shirt with school LOGO?
                            2、Will WiFi be provided at the competition?
                            Thank you
                            Hello,
                            1. We will provide one t-shirt per team member, listed on the on-site roster. You are encouraged to wear your t-shirts with school logo.
                            2. WiFi will be provided at competition. Please keep in mind that because it is WiFi, the signal might be unreliable with many people using it as the same time.

Comment

Dear All RobotXers,

This is a general call or help. We have just been bitten by the Lithium bug and it appears our batteries won't be delivered to Hawaii in time. Long story short, they got picked up one week ago, waybills produced and everything, but today I was told it was still in Australia and that we have been bumped and the company (a BIG freight company) won't be able to deliver now. We are frantically trying to get another company to ship them but no luck yet - will keep trying. So hence my call for help. Would anybody be taking a spare torqueedo battery that we could rent or use intermittently? We think we can get a car battery locally to run our computer, and hopefully BlueRobotics can ship a battery to someone in Honolulu for our ROV (?), but we need one 24 V battery for the motors (two extra car batteries may be too heavy).
                              We only need the battery for running motors and so maybe 1-2 hours use per day. We have the charger (sent with the boat). Happy to rent, pay shipping etc If any team can help or has potential solutions, please email me at m.dunbabin@qut.edu.au.

Thanks in advance,
                              TeamQUT

Comment

Hi Everybody! This is Rahul from Georgia Tech. This question is not too technical. Does anybody have an extra board similar to this one (UART input, RS-485 output) that we can use?

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10124

Comment

Working...
                                X