Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

FINAL DOCUMENTS

FINAL Rules, Tasks and Scoring posted NOW!
2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the RoboNation Forum!

Welcome to the home for the RoboNation Community! This is where you'll see exciting announcements and features all for the community. Join the conversations below!
See more
See less

Underwater Ring Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RoboNation Thank you RoboNation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitesh Patel View Post
      How about an orange and blue sleeve (50-50; top half is orange and bottom half is blue). For those wondering why I selected these colors, what a great question. These are RoboNation colors.

We would explore the feasibility of printing before I can commit to something, but I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Thank you
      Any thoughts on this?

Comment

I think its a great idea. Also, I would add if there are some cool shapes on the buoy that would be a plus for CV people.

Comment

That's great to hear. What would you define as a "cool" shape?

Comment

I think a cool shape would be the robonation logo. With the blue robot on the orange and the orange robot on the blue.

Comment

We discussed that internally but how would it work if we could only get two sets printed (180 deg from each other) on each of the buoys. The vehicle's orientation might be such that neither would be visible.

This issue is making me lean more towards a split color theme only; no logos.

Thoughts?

Comment

Hitesh Patel hello!

We are ok with the suggestion of split Color. Orange top half, blue bottom half. Though we are a bit confused over what you meant by "the vehicle's orientation might be such that neither are visible". Isn't the Colors supposed to wrap completely around the buoy like the other totem task?

can we also check if the blue you plan to use is the same shade of blue from the totem task? Thanks!

Comment

I think a split color theme is a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bumblebee View Post
                    Hitesh Patel hello!

We are ok with the suggestion of split Color. Orange top half, blue bottom half. Though we are a bit confused over what you meant by "the vehicle's orientation might be such that neither are visible". Isn't the Colors supposed to wrap completely around the buoy like the other totem task?

can we also check if the blue you plan to use is the same shade of blue from the totem task? Thanks!
                    The color would be a wraparound. It is with the logos that the whole vehicle orientation would make a difference.

Since we are going with the split color theme, the vehicle orientation issue is not going to be a problem.

The plan is to use a similar type of blue but there is no guarantee that it will be exact.

Comment

Hitesh Patel Hope your day is going well! We had a couple more questions regarding the construction of the tree that the rings will be held on and the order the rings will be placed on said tree that we were hoping you could answer.
                      1. Will the order of the rings on the tree vary during competition (i.e. will they always be on the tree in the order of red, green, blue ring (from top to bottom) or will they be rearranged)?
                      2. Will there ever be more than 2 rings of the same color on the tree?
                      3. Will the rings on a particular level of the tree be the same color (i.e. 2 red on the 12" poles configuration only, or would a red and a green ring on the 12" poles be allowable)?
                      4. Are the arms on the tree going to be painted/colored the same way they are in the document (ex. the 12" arm is shown as being red in the document)?
                      5. If the rings are moved around on the tree and the arms of the tree are painted/colored as shown in the document, will the tree arms that the rings are on have a color that corresponds to the ring that is on it? ex. In the qualifiers, it might be red rings on the 12" arm with a red 12" arm. If it was planned to have a green ring on the 12" arm for semi/finals, would the 12" arm that ring is on also be green?
                      Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!

James

Comment

Originally posted by JHendrickson View Post
                        Hitesh Patel Hope your day is going well! We had a couple more questions regarding the construction of the tree that the rings will be held on and the order the rings will be placed on said tree that we were hoping you could answer.
                        1. Will the order of the rings on the tree vary during competition (i.e. will they always be on the tree in the order of red, green, blue ring (from top to bottom) or will they be rearranged)?
                        2. Will there ever be more than 2 rings of the same color on the tree?
                        3. Will the rings on a particular level of the tree be the same color (i.e. 2 red on the 12" poles configuration only, or would a red and a green ring on the 12" poles be allowable)?
                        4. Are the arms on the tree going to be painted/colored the same way they are in the document (ex. the 12" arm is shown as being red in the document)?
                        5. If the rings are moved around on the tree and the arms of the tree are painted/colored as shown in the document, will the tree arms that the rings are on have a color that corresponds to the ring that is on it? ex. In the qualifiers, it might be red rings on the 12" arm with a red 12" arm. If it was planned to have a green ring on the 12" arm for semi/finals, would the 12" arm that ring is on also be green?
                        Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions!

James
                        I hope I answered your questions during the call. I am providing answers for those that may not have participated in the call.

1. Order of the rings will not vary during competition. From surface to bottom, they will always be Red, Green and Blue.
                        2. We currently do not anticipate having more than 2 rings of the same color on the tree (this is subject to change though).
                        3. Rings of a particular color will be seated in the matching color PVC pipe. For example: a ring with red tape on it will be located on the red PVC.
                        4. The arms will be painted as described in the document. Kindly refer to the original post of this topic for the document. Linked below.
                        5. Arm lengths and associated color (12" - Red; 18" - Green; 24" - Blue) will not change. The red arm will have the red ring on it, the green arm will have the green ring on it, and the blue arm will have the blue ring on it.

Kindly let me know if you have any questions. Thank you
                        Hello Teams, Below document will help clarify questions you may have regarding the Underwater Ring Recovery Task. Additionally, here are links to underwater

Comment

So I was reading through the Tasks document and realized that the Underwater Rings Recovery task isn't very detailed. It serves as a description of the Task Element, and says we have to retrieve a ring, but doesn't say how we determine which Ring we should retrieve.

Will this be determined by another task, perhaps the Scan the Code? And what will the Entrance Gate Number indicate? How will we determine which dock to access? I think we're missing something crucial, which is precisely which tasks will provide the information necessary to perform other tasks.

Comment

Working...
                          X