Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the RoboNation Forum!

Welcome to the home for the RoboNation Community! This is where you'll see exciting announcements and features all for the community. Join the conversations below!
See more
See less

Rudder Servo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudder Servo

Want your glider to navigate to victory? hopefully this will help. Attached are the early instructions for how to use a rudder servo on your glider.
    PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS!!
    If this document is not perfectly clear to you, that is fine, post a question and let us all grow our knowledge together.
    Remember that these are advanced modules and not the well tested solutions in the rest of the kit so there will probably be bugs and surprises. PLEASE SHARE THEM!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	servoAdapter.gif Views:	4 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	601
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris_nunes; 07-15-2018, 10:47 AM.

if you attach a tail servo, you probably want to connect it to your rudder.
    This part can help attach your existing rudder to the servo horn.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rudderAdapter.gif
Views:	2
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	604
    Attached Files

Comment

This was so helpful! thank you so much.

Have a probably dumb question but here I go. I have tested the rudder servo with a servo sweep and it works, then I tested the basic seaglide code and it works. My problem is when I try to place the rudder servo code into the seaglide code, the rudder servo won't run until the plunger waits to change directions. Even then, the rudder servo kind of just fidgets in place instead of actually turning. I don't know how to fix this.

please help

Comment

I am glad it was helpful, and its not a dumb question!
        When placing the rudder.write(val) command into the seaGlide code, be careful to make sure it is called during the rise, dive, and pause functions otherwise it will be ignored while the void loop() is executing the other functions. I suggest making your own function like "void steer()" and call it in all of the functions where the Arduino spends most of its time (mostly while loops).
        The servo does tend to twitch right now due to some timer conflicts with the IRlibrary, but it should still respond. A good way to debug this is to Serial.println(theValue) that you are writing to the servo and make sure the code is doing what you expect. Some times something as simple as 1/2 can equal zero in micro controller language due to the overly specific nature of fixed point math.(eg. 1/2=0 and 1.0/2.0=0.5)

Sorry for the slow response, I hope it helps!

Comment

Working...
        X